• 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
• 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed chicken broth, undiluted
• 2 tablespoons margarine
• 2 tablespoons white sugar
• 1 tablespoon chopped onion
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 2 cups heavy whipping cream
1. In a large stock pot mix tomatoes, chicken broth, butter, sugar, onion and baking soda. Simmer for 1 hour.
2. In a double boiler heat cream until hot. You can also do this in a regular saucepan over low heat, but watch it carefully so that the cream does not scorch! Once heated through add to tomato soup and serve.