• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 1 bunch green onions, chopped
• 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
• 3 extra large eggs, lightly beaten
• 7 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 40 sheets frozen phyllo pastry, thawed in refrigerator
• 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
• 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over a medium heat. Stir in green onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile in a large bowl, combine spinach, dill, eggs, feta, salt and pepper. Add reserved green onions, and mix well.
4. Unfold 1 sheet of the phyllo pastry, brush with melted butter, and sprinkle lightly with breadcrumbs. Lay another sheet directly on top of the first sheet; repeat butter and breadcrumb steps. Continue to do this until you have 10 layers.
5. Spoon 3/4 cup of spinach mixture (in a sausage-like shape) along longer edge of the top sheet. Roll it up, place on baking sheet, and brush lightly with butter. Score off 1-inch rounds by marking with a knife for easier cutting later. Repeat process with the remaining pastry sheets. You will have 4 rolls total when finished.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for 12 minutes or until edges are lightly brown. Cut into individual servings where you have marked. Serve immediately.